Entrants must upload their Entries as digital files with specifications as follows;
- 6144 by 3072 pixel (equirectangular) image
- jpegs must be 6144 x 3072, but may have black bands at top and/or bottom
- RGB colour space (sRGB or Adobe RGB), JPEG quality setting 10
- no logos, watermarks or nadir caps (blank nadir caps or mirror balls are acceptable)
- You will be able to set pan and tilt when you upload each entry. However, please test these variables prior to uploading as you will not be able to preview your entry once they have been set.
- Final images for judging will be produced with Pano2VR software (see www.gardengnomesoftware.com) and you may like to test your settings on this software before entering.
- Please include your own name in each file name (all entries will then be assigned a random catalogue number of judging). Please do not include commas, inverted commas, spaces or odd characters in file names.
- Pan is an integer between 0 and 360 (degrees), measured from the center of the equirectangular image (as zero) – remember that it wraps around and increases from right to left. (Note: 0-360 is the Pano2VR legacy setting and entries will be transferred to the current equivalent Pano2VR pan setting of -180 to 180 for judging)
- Tilt is between -90 and 90 degrees, from straight down to straight up
- Final image display aspect ratio will be 16:9
- Initial field of view is set at 60 degrees
- Zoom limits are set at 30-100 degrees
For resources on VR photography, visit www.vrphotography.com, www.worldwidepanorama.org, and www.gardengnomesoftware.com